"Do something to distinguish yourself in Admissions. Make a simple introductory video."
Last week we talked about building a relationship with the Admissions Office Counselor by sending an introductory email and making a phone call.
CollegeLogic students add a personal video link into their emails. Doing so is your immediate way to establish yourself as a serious applicant. And it's much easier than you think. All you have to do is follow the 6 steps listed here.
- Begin with an introduction- Hi, my name is _______, a 20__ grad of _____high school here in ___, __. I have a ___ GPA and SAT/ ACT scores of _____.
- Follow that with a statement about your vision- When I look ahead to the next 5 years, I see ...
- Identify the challenges and concerns- With that comes a concern I have for ...
- Identify the opportunities- But with that come great opportunities for ...
- Explain your college plan- Therefore, my plan for college is to study a combination of ...
- Finish with a simple- Thank you.
This introductory video should last 45 seconds and you can record it using your cell phone. Once you are satisfied with the recording, download it into a YouTube video link for embedding into your emails.
Some people might think a video is just for athletes. That would be a fallacy! It is for everyone who is interested in establishing unique advantages for admissions and scholarships.
Most students find this to be a big challenge. But once you begin, they will find it easier than they thought.
To form a strategic plan for winning admissions and earning scholarships, visitCollegeLogic and request a free 30 minute college review/ strategy call.
Office # 203.470.3704